Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Bath-Day

Today was what is generally known as my "Birthday", Samhain, All Souls Day, Day of the Dead.

I invited them all and they came, spewing forth, hotly, jetly.

As soon as they were all here I knew, they were bored. The combination of all the most influential, rousting- about, and generally white=hot individuals I know could only end in an anti-magnetic reaction I suppose.

They were like Greek Gods, each of their own discipline, each thinking their own way is the best.

Individually I get on with them all in some way. But together, it was less than fantastic.

Anyway, next birthday I might just take a bath. It would be more fun.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gorilla Bananas said...

My birthdays used to be like that until I realised that the best thing to do was climb up a hill and look down on the world while eating a banana. Happy Birthday, Face. If you were a broody ostrich I would say 'Hatchy Birthday' instead.

11:28 PM  
Blogger The Dog of Freetown said...

Ah yes, never mix your friends. Much safer to mix your drinks. On my birthday I spent the day writing about Sierra Leonean kids cutting open pregnant ladies. Oh what fun.
Happy Birthday, have a banana.

6:10 AM  
Blogger Face said...

Thanks, you guys. I think I may have some broody ostrich somewhere in my family tree, GB. Occaisionally I have an overwhelming urge to stick my head in the sand. On my birthday for example.

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home